The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 Explained – Changes Begin in Tax Year 2018
President Trump’s tax reform, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, is some of the most sweeping tax legislation that we’ve seen since the Tax Reform Act of 1986 under Ronald Reagan. This new tax reform is effective for tax year 2018 and beyond, and as of this recording, the changes are scheduled to sunset in 2025.
In this video, Matt Horsley, CFP® from Pure Financial Advisors gives a brief overview of how these tax cuts affect you.
(00:29) – Lower Tax Brackets
(01:29) – Exemptions, Standard and Itemized Deductions
(01:58) – State and Local Tax Deduction (SALT Deduction)
(02:34) – Home Mortgage Interest Deduction
(03:04) – Home Equity Line of Credit
(03:13) – Estate Tax
(03:30) – New Deduction for Small Business Owners
(03:55) – Roth Conversions
If you would like to schedule a free assessment with one of our CFP® professionals, click here: https://purefinancial.com/lp/free-assessment/
Make sure to subscribe to our channel for more helpful tips and stay tuned for the next episode of “Your Money, Your Wealth.” http://bit.ly/2FDSfK2
Channels & show times: http://yourmoneyyourwealth.com
• Investment Advisory and Financial Planning Services are offered through Pure Financial Advisors, Inc. A Registered Investment Advisor.
• Pure Financial Advisors Inc. does not offer tax or legal advice. Consult with their tax advisor or attorney regarding specific situations.
• Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and are not intended as investment advice or to predict future performance.
• Investing involves risk including the potential loss of principal. No investment strategy can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.
• All information is believed to be from reliable sources; however, we make no representation as to its completeness or accuracy.
• Intended for educational purposes only and are not intended as individualized advice or a guarantee that you will achieve a desired result. Before implementing any strategies discussed you should consult your tax and financial advisors.
SIGN UP for my weekly newsletter now and receive awesome tax and legal tips, upcoming and current tax reforms, deadlines, special offers from my Law Firm and Accounting Firm, and much much more! http://markjkohler.com/youtube/
Here come the new rules for 2018 all the way through 2023! This is a super important video to watch because if you miss any of those rules the consequences could be catastrophic! Is the Standard Deduction better than Itemizing? Or is itemizing better than the Standard Deduction? Watch my video to find out!
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share! If you have a question or want me to make a video on a specific subject, send me a message, leave it in the comments, or send me an email!
Also, make sure to subscribe and hit that bell icon so you get a notification every time I post a video! I promise you won’t be disappointed with my advice!
Check out my Law Firm KKOS Lawyers at http://www.kkoslawyers.com
Visit my Accounting Firm K&E CPAs at:
http://www.ke-cpas.com estate planning LLC retirement
Video Rating: / 5